Car tax evaders.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just watched the ad for prosecuting car tax evaders for the umpteenth time, the ad ends with "there's no escape", as I walk around the hospital where I work I regularly see cars with out of date discs and some have no discs at all! I mentioned this to a police officer on site one day and even pointed a vehicle to him, he replied "this is private property and I can't do anything," how about waiting there till the person drives off? have'nt got to time to hang around, fair enough, how about seconding a pco? they're busy, I phoned the hotline and they asked me where the vehicle would be parked when not at the hospital :shock:, at the end of the day, when these non taxed vehicles are involved in accidents, it's pretty certain they don't have tax or MOT's so it just pushes up our premium, there's no escape, eh, buxxxxit.
Rich.

There are numberplate recognition cameras, but of course you need bodies to stop the cars and nick the drivers.
I have had 2 occasions where my car was run into, and in both cases the toe rag in question had dodgy paperwork. Costs a fortune, perps should be locked in a cellar full of rats.

Just been reading on a French forum (for English expats) about how you can get away without insurance/MOT/tax by registering cars in France and bringing them back to England. Nice.

Back