• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

car booty 26/02/2012

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
so what with today being the first day of summer in sunny Somerset, i went to a some what busy boot fair.

only a few woody bits today got lots of items on my list and some that i never realised i needed :lol: :lol:

a nice split nut driver and a hand grinder minus handle but im sure i can sort this when i get a round toit

and this stunning coffee table, made of English walnut. now i cant be sure but i think its home made the legs and frame is nice but the top has been so poorly finished. planer marks and breakout and burning from the saw cuts, but a few hours with my trusty no.80, 607, abranet, danish oil, fides wax and loads of elbow grease im sure i will get a stunning table there are some voids and splits but i think some clear resin will go nicely in these.

i paid more than i wanted two for this table it cost me £25 but i reckon there is just over a cube there so i think just for the timber it was worth it. also he let me have the 2 tools above for a quid.

enjoy

adidat

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
Whooooooo mate! Nice walnut!

That is easily worth what you paid and much more...there are hundreds of handles just sitting there! :mrgreen: :wink:

And something to crack it with if you did need to shell out more! :oops:

Coat? Yes....coat I think....

:mrgreen:

Jim

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
THanks guy more booty tomorow hopefully, aled do your students ever turn up with slabs of english walnut?

Adidat

Latest posts