car boot 220713

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was going to sell yesterday but got up late so just went to browse. I came across a chap with a box full of stuff & I bought the lot.
tn__MG_9606tn.JPG
tn__MG_9607tn.JPG
tn__MG_9608tn.JPG
tn__MG_9609tn.JPG
tn__MG_9611tn.JPG
tn__MG_9612tn.JPG

There were other bits & pieces, not worth posting, & the lot was £25. As I've got into wood turning recently the chisels alone seemed worth having; Sorby, Marples, Wolf, Moore & Wright etc.
Any thoughts on the rest? Level, Archimedes screw, plane blades (sorby & marples)
Stanley no 50, 1 blade
Record 044 blade set

I'll have a relaxing time cleaning & learning!

Attachments

• tn__MG_9606tn.JPG
    tn__MG_9606tn.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 884
  • tn__MG_9607tn.JPG
    tn__MG_9607tn.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 884
  • tn__MG_9608tn.JPG
    tn__MG_9608tn.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 884
  • tn__MG_9609tn.JPG
    tn__MG_9609tn.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 884
  • tn__MG_9611tn.JPG
    tn__MG_9611tn.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 884
  • tn__MG_9612tn.JPG
    tn__MG_9612tn.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 884
The 'chisel' second to left on the last photo is a metal scraper. I'll wager it is the Moore and Wright you mention.

Regards

James

Jamesc":2kbpq23d said:
The 'chisel' second to left on the last photo is a metal scraper. I'll wager it is the Moore and Wright you mention.

Regards

James

You're right James. Thanks.

Racers":1i7wspdu said:
Wow! really good haul for the price.

Pete

Thanks Pete.
That's good to know as I'm a total novice in this but I thought it had to be a good deal.
My MO is to pay no more than a pound for anything, unless I gauge the guy knows what he's talking about (via my ignorance) & then I may take a risk. The guys who sell just tools seem to be asking 3 or 4 times the others, & thus I don't buy.

Having trawled this site for a good month now the blue touchpaper is lit & I intend to buy, do up, & display & use. I already have some good contacts (given a vintage drawknife & a 4 year old walnut tree...), acquired some Yew & Oak & having the materials intend to build a decent workshop. THEN I may actually make something useful!!!

Back