Can someone in the US do me a favour ;)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought DMT stones from this US/Canada Ebay seller in the past - and they gave me good service.

ebay link

However at $50 the shipping is a bit expensive

Emyr

Sorry - I seem to have been caught up in the new poster spamtrap!

Look up toolsforu13 as a seller on Ebay

I have no affiliation to this company, other than having been a customer in the past

Emyr

Thanks Chris - the direct link wouldn't work - didn't think of your trick ;).
I can't resist giving this a try - I'm guessing it's going to be a lot coarser than 3u to start off with but will see. Paul will happily let you know how I get on.
Thanks Emyr - I think I'm sorted but I'm going to bookmark that seller.
Cheers
Gidon

Definitely a great price there Gidon!
In the UK, Chesterman are bringing them in - (www.chestermanmarketing.com tel:01785 250341) but they are charging about £100 iirc.
I've looked at one recently, and they really do polish very finely, I couldn't determine which side had the diamonds on initially!
Much as I like the stone, I'm not a fanatic of polishing down to ultra fine grits, my old faithful Trend doublesided diamond stone gets edges keen enough for pretty well most stuff I have to deal with in woodwork, but its useful if you do need a tweak. To be honest, I prefer to give edges a quick strop on a piece of leather and honing compound bonded to a board if I want a tad more than the Trend can give.

Andy

Sorry missed these last two posts :oops:.

Thanks Andy - I'm curious more than anything! I already have a variety of ways of polishing my final edge - but this would have to be the easiest if you're using a honing jig. I mostly use some 3m 0.5 micron microfilm stuck to my fine diamond stone with surface tension which works a treat. I use a leather strop too - both give me a razer sharp edge. But I don't trust the edge off the strop quite as much - since I think it's impossible to avoid some rounding over. But if you're doing things freehand then the strop is a good way to go and it's certainly cheap :).

WWW - couldn't see these extra extra fine stones on Rockler? Anyhow order is in now but thanks.

Cheers

Gidon

Back