Can someone identify this wee surface planer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heimlaga

Established Member
Reaction score
I found this 25cm wide surface planer/mortiser/ saw bench combination in the heap to be mashed at a local scrapdealer. I already have my 600mm Stenberg planer/thicknesser so I have no need for this one but if I hadn't bought it it would surely be gone at the end of the week.
I got it for scrap value.
An aquintance is very interrested in it and offered my money back. I owe him a favour so that would be an excellent deal for both of us. If he doesn't take it I will fix it up a little and advertise it for sale locally and earn some much needed money.

Anyway I would like to know where theese Jolly 25 surfacers come from and who made them and what sort of reputation they had?

Attachments

• Jolly25.JPG
    Jolly25.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 212
The colour and various of the bits look rather like pre-1970-ish Lurem, but it's not a model I've ever seen. My 200 has a similar arrangement with the saw table bolted to the side of the basic planer unit, but it's a bigger saw table and shorter planer beds. So your's could be a prototype model, or one made by a company that disappeared into Lurem?

Yep there is a mortiser on one side and a cirkular saw bench on the other.

The design and colour and proportions and even the font of the text reminds of the big floor stabnding SCM l'Invincibile combinations that were sold in the 70-ies but the big question is whether this was an attempt at riding on someone elses reputation or if there was a connection of some sort.

Back