Can I ask another favour?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Attached is a page of my web Gmail.

gmail prob.jpg

There are 26000 + mails, (I never use gmail) but I think it slows my mail and computer down.

I have tried making the word Picassa a filter and delete, see if that happens, is there a way to delete all those emails in one lump, doing each page is rather onerous?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• gmail prob.jpg
    gmail prob.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 915
Do a search for "subject:picassa".
When you get the first page displayed, click in the top left check box to select them all.
You should then get a line pop up just above the list to select all the matching emails. Click in the box on this line and then delete them all.
It's easier to do than explain :)

Hi,

The emails are stored online and not on your machine and wont be slowing anything down.
Do you have a gmail address that you dont use and the mails are just sitting there or do you use another program as your email client?

Slow machine is just the way it is with Windows ( in simple terms ), you can do things like check / update any AV software you have as they can have an adverse impact on performance.

I run a software company as a proper job :)

If DW runs a local email program then 26000 emails might well slow his PC down a bit.
Certainly check for unnecessary programs.

Ue defraggler to check hard drive fragmentation, malware bytes to check for malware, ccleaner to check the registry.

I'd also use the task manager to see how much of your system the virus scanner uses. I use Microsoft security essentials as it has a very livht footprint.

Thanks Pete, havent quite succeed at that instruction, I have managed to make the word Picassa a spam filter but havent made my pages look clean.

Coot, thanks for that information, its just when I boot up these days and wait for my Windows Live mail to load up that made me think perhaps googlemail was slowing things down. I dont
normally go anywhere near google mail. They mess me about with password and changes.

Pleased to report that I now have only 46 mails at my gmail. Got a gmail stating my unsubscription to Picassa was successful and over 29000, (yes 29K) were deleted when I returned a few minutes ago.

(The remaining 46 mails seem to be something to do with Google, I expect they were searches. )

thanks to all.

Just a thought. You are spelling Picassa with a double S. It should have a single S. I don't know how you sorted it out if you used that as a spam filter word.

whiskywill":yf6iumte said:
Just a thought. You are spelling Picassa with a double S. It should have a single S. I don't know how you sorted it out if you used that as a spam filter word.

I expect when I filled in the dialogue box I only used one s because the word was in view.
anyway I now only have a few posts in gmail after all my amendments :) :wink:

picasa2.jpg

Attachments

• picasa2.jpg
    picasa2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 814
Back