Can anyone confirm what these are called?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs6mra

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm whether the balls at the top of this plant support are actually called balls?
I would also like to know if they can be bought (like finials) or how are they formed. I want to recreate something similar as I have a heavy-duty bender and rebar but would need the round knob/ball as they are also there for safety reasons.
Thanks.
1683044579939.jpeg

Do you have a scroll former ? Will your rebar bender make small radius to make the ends safer?
Tony

You could weld on nuts of suitable size, heat them up and then file them round if you can't find suitable sized steel balls.

sorry I know this isn't what you asked for but if you can't find balls cheap enough, how about using 20mm x 60mm pieces of rod with the ends rounded so it looks like bullrushes. Just a thought

Can someone please confirm whether the balls at the top of this plant support are actually called balls?
I would also like to know if they can be bought (like finials) or how are they formed. I want to recreate something similar as I have a heavy-duty bender and rebar but would need the round knob/ball as they are also there for safety reasons.
Thanks.
View attachment 158382
Balls from an old bearing? Wouldn't be able to drill them, but do you need to.

Latest posts

Back