Can anybody recommend a wireless n router for a pc & lap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belkin works fine for me and we have 3 computers in this house, sometimes it gets slow but that's the fault of the ISP, and nothing to do with the router, wireless works well for us.
BTW my ISP is TISCALI.
Rich.

I use a Belkin router, piece of cake to set up and very reliable. Probably not the most powerful in the world, but from the conservatory at the back of the house wireless is very usable in every room of our 3 bed semi.

linksys are good...

zyxel are ok...

most are as good as each other and do the job. its the security built in that is where the good and bad differ.

Using Sagem at the moment. Came free with Sky. Trouble free and basic. Previously used Netgear Wireless with two desktops and two laptops. Great performance if a little (for me!) fiddly to set up. I've just setup a home network for my sister using BT Hub. Seems OK but the supplied handset is a bit 'iffy. That could be my sister however, constantly experimenting pushing all the buttons!
Cheers,
Jim

I've had a Belkin and a NetGear - never been able to pick between them, but I'm sure someone has a theory why one is better than the other.

Apparently the BT model has better range? no idea, but it's worth remembering that where you place these things can have a huge impact. To keep mine near the model it sits under the TV next to the DVD, Video, and WII which is fine when I connect in the room, when I move upstairs the connection keeps dropping out until I move the router out onto the floor in front of the TV stand, then I get almost the same quality of connection at the back of the house as I do right next to the router.

Dave

I've always had good success with Netgear stuff. It just works. You can get them dirt cheap on eBay.

Back