camvac question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
having bought my air nail gun and compressor (and waiting expectantly for it to arrive) I've spent the day cutting mdf (yuck, i know,but cheap...) and have decided it is definitely time to get an extractor! I've got loverly red ridges in my face from wearing a mask all day.
I'm going to look at this model tomorrow: CAMVAC - GV286w - anyone got any experience of it, negative or positive??
Thanks all
Cheers
Stewart

Hi there,

I don't have any experience of Camvacs other than seeing them at the AP show recently and reading good things about them in magazines. I, too, decided I wanted one for my workshop - I very rapidly reconsidered when I got a quote for them! Bear in mind that you have to pay for everything separately, they don't even include the 'tools' that go on the hose, you'll fork over another £70 for those!

I'm sure that they are outstandingly fine machines, but for the money I would expect them to include delivery by oiled supermodel! :D

V.

Vormulac":364yjf7g said:
Hi there,

I'm sure that they are outstandingly fine machines, but for the money I would expect them to include delivery by oiled supermodel! :D

V.

I wonder if I can get one ( thinking out aloud ) [-o<

Stewart, I got one last week and so far the only negative is that it is relatively noisey. Camvac suggested fitting a hose to the exhaust vent to dampen the sound and this seems to be working, although not as quiet as my old Rexon wall mounted model. Excellent customer service from Camvac so far.

Dicky

I've a big three motor one, it is splendidly effective but really really noisy (haven't vented the exhausts yet). It defies the usual HVLP/HPLV distinction by doing a pretty good job at HVHP. There is massive difference between having one two or three motors on, though, and I always run it with three (they are individually switched) - at which point it has the same dust and chip gobbling capacity as a normal HVLP dust extractor.

It wasn't cheap, although thanks to a pricing cock-up on diy-tools I got it for a comparatively good price (less than they wanted for the two motor model). It would have been absurdly expensive otherwise, and I frankly wouldn't have bought it at full retail price. It also has 0.5 micron filtering as standard. My other half is asthmatic so that matters a lot to her.

Hi Stewart

I have exactly the model that you are looking at and I would recommend that you get the four-inch adaptor.

I have found it to be excellent and the only complaint I have is that it is noisier than I would wish.

Send me a pm if you are seriously thinking about the Camvac, because I could save you some money. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Am now the owner of a Camvac, single motor, 4inch bore dust extractor. Very pleased with it indeed - except that it seems incredibly hard to thread the plastic ends onto the flexible hose!

Neil, didn't see your message until just now - bought mine at 12o'clock anyway.

Might have a look at Yandles for some dust extracting fitments, etc...

Cheers
Stewart

Hi Stewart

I bought the 4" metal ducting from ccl and the link shows their branch locator. The product I purchased is their spiral tube and some of the fittings.

The Camvac 4" fittings fit perfectly into the ccl ducting. I used the blast gates from Camvac and I bought the metal external connectors from ccl.

I also purchased the 100mm pipe fittings, at a pound a time, from a local toolstore.

I visited the company that fitted some air conditioning at my office and bought a few metres of metal strapping, it was aluminium with holes punched into it, that I wrapped around the ducting and then tightened it with a nut and bolt and screwed it into the joists.

HTH.

Cheers
Neil

Latest posts

Back