Campervan face frame cabinets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottdimelow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi boys and girls, thought I may as well share my ongoing project as I've not posted much on here.

I'm currently converting a Transit Luton into a camper/motor home.

I recently finished the interior insulation and ply lining, so I'm on to fixtures and fittings.

I'm building simple face frame cabinets, mainly to reduce overall timber usage to keep the weight down. I'm using redwood as I intend to either paint or stain.

I started by fixing a batten to the wall which the sink/hob will fix onto. I then made up the frame for the full height cupboard.

I simply glued all joints, then added 1 screw for each to hold in position. I then propped them in place and squared up.

If you'd like to see other aspects of the conversion I'm blogging it at www.myhousecanmove.com

Attachments

• sink propped.jpg
    sink propped.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,385
  • rails cut.jpg
    rails cut.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 1,385
  • single rail.jpg
    single rail.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 1,385
  • cupbd frame layout.jpg
    cupbd frame layout.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • cupbd frame screwed.jpg
    cupbd frame screwed.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • cupboard in place.jpg
    cupboard in place.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,385
  • sink frame flat.jpg
    sink frame flat.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 1,385
  • sink frame.jpg
    sink frame.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 1,385
nice one, im watching this with interest

i did something similar to an old caravan i bought off ebay.
the van was older than i am but it has turned out well with a fulll fitted double bed wardrobe with integrated storage, kitchen unit, sitting/dining area and a full size domestic fridge.

Thanks guys.

Will, do you have any pics of yours?

Thanks Keith, I'd not thought of that but it's only 5.5mm. I think a full sheet is 8.4kgs so not too bad.

Back