Camper van

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up a camper van

could not believe it , will post some photos in the next day or two

its a 1975 N reg , yes its 32 years old , but has only covered 26k from new :shock:

with yes just 1 owner from new , he drove it to my home for me as I don't have insurance on it yet

4 birth pop top , fridge , cooker , sink , water tank under the floor , all the original books that came with it from new , its a real classic , I am quit chuffed with it , only thing I found wrong with it is the water pump bearings are nacked , so I have a new pump coming tomorrow , looking forward to my first trip out in it ,

O yes it a Leyland Sherper 1800 diesel , so good fuel consumption :lol:

Nice one! I used to have a Leyland Sherpa, but it was an 1800 4 cyl petrol - same motor as in the old Marina. Mine was an Autosleeper conversion.

Had mine for about 5 years and did quite a bit of touring around Scotland. Top speed was about 50, realistically, but it would do that up the side of a mountain! Several times I did the trip between Glasgow and Suffolk, where my Parents lived - best I did was 10 hours!

Had great fun with mine, but eventually it had to go to the great campsite in the Sky - the rust that afflicted so many of BL's 1970's output finally took it's toll.

BTW - are you aware of these people? Their links page has a link to their Yahoo group which appears to have quite a bit of activity. I managed to get a few spares through them when I was a member.

Look forward to some pics :)

Dave

1800 diesel? Sounds like a BMC engine. Sounds small for a heavy(ish) vehicle. I had a BMC 2200 in my landie years ago. Couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding mind you!! :lol: .

Devonwoody wrote:
Wish you many happy hours with your new home
...as in, in it not under it I hope.
Ike

Back