Cammys Shed Build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cammy9r

Established Member
Reaction score
This is how I put my shed together over many months with materials bought in stages.
I first started by putting down footings for the walls and concrete base that would be done at a later date. Then I made up some wall frames and lifted into place, held square by diagonal bracing. Each section was bolted together with a double header spanning the section lengths. Then the rafters were put up, which sit on pulins. After that I put up 11mm osb3 for the roof deck. This was then covered with a couple of tarps. The outside walls were then wrapped in permavent eco to make the shell weather tight. It stayed like this for a number of months. Next came the counter battens and cladding, here in Scotland it is called sarking and is nothing more than 15mmx150mm treated pine. The tarp was removed and some more permavent fitted to the roof and a green tarp tied over that, also the outside was painted. At a later date the concrete was mixed and poured and allowed to cure. Then came the insulation followed by 9mm osb3 sheathing. After all that it was door making, painting interior and electrics. As of now it is still a work in progress.

EDIT: it is 6.5 x 4.8m and 3.8m in height £2200 for all timber another £500 for screws, metal banding, truss clips, hinges, locks , electrics and other stuff like that plus £500 to build the base, it is pretty thick at approx. 300mm plus 125mm concrete as the ground was prone to flooding. The flooding problem has since been sorted. Been at it for two years with long delay while flooding issue was sorted out by Scottish Water.

Attachments

• shed  (1).JPG
    shed (1).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (2).JPG
    shed (2).JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (3).JPG
    shed (3).JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (4).JPG
    shed (4).JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (5).JPG
    shed (5).JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 2,591
  • shed  (6).JPG
    shed (6).JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (7).JPG
    shed (7).JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (8).JPG
    shed (8).JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (9).JPG
    shed (9).JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 2,592
  • shed  (10).JPG
    shed (10).JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,592
hi, it is 6.5 x 4.8m and 3.8m in height £2200 for all timber another £500 for screws, metal banding, truss clips, hinges, locks , electrics and other stuff like that plus £500 to build the base, it is pretty thick at approx. 300mm plus 125mm concrete as the ground was prone to flooding. The flooding problem has since been sorted. Been at it for two years with long delay while flooding issue was sorted out by Scottish Water.

Hi Just an update Photo.
Doors, Roof Covering and inside all done now. Just got to do guttering and connection to water butt and barge boards and I suppose a few other things.

Attachments

• Shed 11.jpg
    Shed 11.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 2,047
Windows! You know I had the niggling feeling I had forgot something, ah well maybe I will remember next time.
To be honest it did not require windows. They are not to good for security and let too much heat out or in plus I have a pretty good led lighting system that is cheap to run. ~19p for a 10 hour day, yes sunlight is free but I find the light inconsistent.
No fancy woodworking machines i'm afraid just basic stuff.

Mmmm. Not sure about the lack of windows.The points you make are valid but they must have other uses. Seeing people coming so you are not surprised when door opens, poking bits of wood out off, There must be lots of benefits ?

I will say it would need to be a werewolf with a lazergun smashing in before I am 'surprised' by an opening a door. I can poke wood out of the door with no hassle.
You are correct in there being benefits, just none for me in this shed, thus no windows.
Although making woodish projects in there for now it is not the sheds primary function.

Its ok :lol: . Im sure there will be a window in the other one I build :D maybe this year the footings went down same time as this sheds.

Back