Calling model engineers / metal workers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
A friend has a Myford Super 7 engineering lathe to sell due to bereavement. I know nothing on this subject, but can tell it is in excellent condition, comes with stand and numerous other accessories. Can anyone advise on what the main lathe is worth and where it might be sold other than ebay?

Regards

HC

Sorry not got any, didn't occur to me to take any when I was there and didn't have a camera

Just after a ball park figure

If it's in decent nick, I'd expect to get between £1250 and £1500 for it.

You could put an ad on Homeworkshop, without knowing the exact spec and what goodies its fitted with its hard to give a price but around the £1000 mark would be a reasonable starting point

http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/

Jason

hi

sorry to here you don't have pics , but no matter where you advertise it you'll need pics no one will buy it from a decribtion ,or travel any distant to view just in case your description and there discribtion don't match, don't get me wrong I'm not saying your describtion aint right, but you know what i mean . hc

They go for all sorts of prices depending on age, colour, condition etc.
Newer ones are green and can fetch £2 - £4k, grey (older ones) from £500 up to £1500.

Rod (who has been tracking quite a few)

Won't say how much I paid for mine (just occasionally you get lucky!) but there are a couple in Highland ScotAds at the moment. £800 for one without Norton gearbox or the powered cross feed, £1500 for the one with both these.
Both prices sound about right to me. Certainly anything less than £800 would count as a bargain.

Latest posts

Back