calculators galore

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks DW, some excellent stuff in there, that's a fovourites addition that's going to come in very handy.

Nice one.

Better be careful about the mobile telephone link it might be an international telephone call. I picked up the link from Oz.

I'm still about, and keep my (Google) ears open for mention of blocklayer.com
Glad to hear you are getting some use from the site. The phone link is to Australia, but it should say Australia before the link. Maybe some devices don't display it?
If you use the mobile site from your phone, your phone company charges you for the connection (the site itself is free), so don't overdo it. The pages are tiny, so shouldn't cost to much to download.
What you can do, is synchronise your phone and your desktop computer, so any jobs saved on desktop (easier to type) can be accessed from your phone. Just go to the mobile site http://blocklayer.mobi on your desktop, create and save a job to get its jobId#. Now go to the site on your phone, click 'Join', enter the jobId# and click 'Get Job'. When it appears, click 'Join Device'. Now, any job saved from desktop is accessible to the phone (and vice versa) by navigating to 'Jobs' and clicking 'Joined Jobs'

Blocklayer

Since when can you be charged international calling rates for viewing a website in another country? Surely not?

If you click the phone call link on the mobile site, you will be calling (by phone) me in Australia. (Skype is the go)
If you use your phone to browse the site, your phone company will charge you access to the internet and download rates.
There should be no 'international calling rates for viewing a website in another country' as far as I know.
Sorry if I was not clear in first post.
The site itself is completely free to use, but I wouldn't like to think anyone accessing it by phone did not understand their phone company will charge them for internet access

You are welcome to call any time, especially if you have ideas about calculators, or reports of errors etc.
But please give me time to wake up if its early morning (here), or I've drunk to much (which is a fair bet)

Right who going to chance it at 4pm this afternoon. The aussies have quite strong vocal responses, so lock up the ladies. :)

Back