CAD Gallery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have some explaining to do when SWMBO gets in from work - why haven't I done any work today?
Trend%20Router%20(Small).jpg

The model is here.

Cheers
Steve

The quality of the work you guys are producing with SU is stunning. I can't get anywhere near anything worth showing anybody :( I need some spare time to practice.

Unless you folk really don't want your model in the public domain, could you please provide links to the models shown in the pictures? If you don't have website that can host them, I should be glad to do so - just email your model to me at [email protected] and I shall edit your post to include the necessary link.

This way people will be able to learn from the way you have approached the modelling and hopefully improve their techniques as a result.

First bit of real furniture (after all the cabinetry is out of the way) will be this:

JapaneseBed.jpg

The legs will be curved at the bottom instead of the angles. Can't figure out how to do compound curves in sketchup :oops:

I mentioned to some friends on Saturday that I would love to build a modern granny clock, but I don't have anywhere it could live. They looked at each other and burst out laughing - apparently they had been discussing just such a commission. So I've drawn up this. Trouble is, I have no idea how to cost it. It will be in ash, with ripple ash and burr elm details.

Fowler%20Clock.jpg

Nice Eames softpad.

Edit: not meaning to denigrate the rest of it!

Andy,

Terrific but:-
Remind me what software you are using now (also how much does it cost and can I learn to use it in a lifetime? :lol: )

It was created using a mixture of Autocad & 3DS Max with FinalRender. Cost is the only issue as it's in the thousands.

Learning is the fun part, i'm self taught and still learning.

Going shopping this afternoon for timber for this. It will be made of canary, stained brown to match(?!) the rest of the exisiting mahogany suite. I can take credit for it, as it is almost entirely the client's own design, I've just SU'd it.

bed.jpg

Never, never, NEVER, Would I be able to produce anything like that unless I actually built it! i don't think I have enough years left in me to learn how to do that. Absolutely brilliant Lynx

thank you both :oops: :oops: :oops:

going to get much better since MAX 9 went 64bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back