Cable Entry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorlarf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where i can buy a cable entry/outlet jig either round or rectangle hole but would prefer both, my search does not seem to be bring up much luck?

Many Thanks

Oryxdesign":ivriqhty said:
What's wrong with a holesaw? (serious question, not meant to sound funny)
If i cut a circular hole for the client in the work top they would want the rectangle hole & vice versa just want to cover both avenues

Surely you can easily just make a jig out of an mdf offcut and use it with a 12.7mm cutter and a guide bush

I remember cutting mine out with a wooden boring kit, it took a while because it was old but it worked out pretty good... getting proper desk grommets on the other hand turned out to be a nightmare!!

:shock:

Thats just embarrasing, I can't believe how much effort I put into cutting mine to make it right and they had a template all along... it just goes to show that I should have asked!!

I dunno, a 250mm hole seems mighty big for cables :lol: :lol:
Personally I just use a holesaw, and only give my customers the option of round ones :D

£30 seems a lot of money for a jig that is simple and doesn't need to be super accurate. I think I'd spend the money on a few ports and make my own jigs to suit.

Latest posts

Back