Cabinet Hardware

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used strip like that in the past and it works well. I can't imagine that there are many factories making it. I find it much easier to believe that a lot of retailers are able to put a very high mark-up on it. After all, it's not the sort of thing most people buy very often, or know in advance what the price could be -they buy it somewhere handy.

Hinge sizes are normally just the length, with breadth and thickness changing in proportion, so a 50mm hinge would be 50mm long, measuring along the pin.

I've used a lot of bookcase strip and it's mostly been Phoenix branded. My local supplier closed and Isaac Lord would be by next choice.
Matt

I will use Issac lord, I priced it up from Rutlands and its nearly 10 times the price.

Anyone know what size screw to use with them, they will be attatched to 19mm MDF?

Bassbear81":31v4qtmi said:
do you have to be trade to buy from Hafele and is there a min. order?

You do have to be Trade, but it isn't difficult to get a trade account.

However, I find that I get a better deal by buying through a local ironmonger! They order 2 or 3 times a week and get, I guess, a 40% discount on list. They pass on 15% to me. If I buy off the web with my account, the prices are list. So it's cheaper to order from JWL and I don't have to pay carriage either.

If you don't have a friendly ironmonger, try a local kitchen manufacturer.

S

Steve's right, cheaper to find a local Hafele stockist. These people do the strips you're looking for from stock, as cheap as screwfix but longer lengths....I think. They also supply all the hafele stuff.
http://www.oxonfasteningsystems.ltd.uk/

hth,
T

Latest posts

Back