caber bench saw reviews / experience

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildewood

Established Member
Reaction score
hi anyone know of the caber saw 10" table saw - is it a good solid accurate table made by an old Co I've not come across or just a piece of modern junk made by jet another fly by night Co?
Can't find this saw on the googlenet. chceers S

hi anyone know of the caber saw 10" table saw - is it a good solid accurate table made by an old Co I've not come across or just a piece of modern junk made by jet another fly by night Co?
Can't find this saw on the googlenet. chceers S
Hello…the 10” Caber saw was manufactured by a very competent mechanical engineer from a small workshop in Hull. He also produced a very good bandsaw.
I bought my Caber saw from new in 1980 and has served me well and I am still using to this day(2022)…the saw is made old style and all components save for the motor and bearings were made in his workshop, and all components are adjustable.
Sadly when new regulations for saw benches came along in the mid 80’s he was unable the bare the cost of HSE compliance, and sold his machinery to a local woodworking machinery company
My advice would be to buy one if offered.
It has a 1/2” spindle and a sliding table and full length fence were offered as an extra.
A solidly made bit of accurate kit.
Cheers…..Ashley

Back