Buying thin qs oak

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulO

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a source of thin, 1/8" - 1/4" quatersawn oak? The sort of thing you might use in drawer partitions or to make pigeon holes in a desk?

I don't have a bandsaw to resaw my own, and not sure I could face the wastage of removing that much with the thicknesser.

Wests at Petworth used to do 1/2 inch stuff and you could try Timberline, they might source it for you- I've seen them selling musical instrument wood of that thickness in the past.

How much do you need Paul. If you don't want lot I could let you have some for a nominal charge. I've got a few bits of European Q/S Oak about 95mm wide and 5-6mm (approx) thick. If you want short, postable lengths it might be an option for you. They're planed one side, bandsawn the other.

It looks as if you're in the "West Country", but are you anywhere near Interesting Timbers, near Bath?

I think their stock of English Oak goes down to 3/4" in sawn timber and they'd probably be able to rip it down for you - they've got all the kit there.

Back