Buying madness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen worse ... lol .... someone is bidding £11.09 plus P&P on an £8 box of sanding rolls !! work that one out !

phil.p":1u7mvlqv said:
I saw a bandsaw (without a blade) go a few weeks ago for £10 more than a new one with two spare blades - don't people bother to look?
It's not as if they haven't a computer - they're on the pineapple thing!

None so blind as those that cannot see.

Hi i saw a bandsaw onthe other day used which was up to £300 Record are selling them new at £229 i don't know what it finaly went for, it never happens to me when i list something.

Berns

Which is why I tend to sell on eBay rather than here most times. I know you can all use a computer! :)

If I'm thinking of bidding I don't tend to bother when the price (inc postage) exceeds 50% of new.

cambournepete":3ky7h6ht said:
Which is why I tend to sell on eBay rather than here most times. I know you can all use a computer! :)

If I'm thinking of bidding I don't tend to bother when the price (inc postage) exceeds 50% of new.

I agree. The only exceptions I would make to this would be where something is sold by, for example, Axminster Tools, as a returned and reconditioned item. I might then go up to 2/3 of new price. There are too many people who are prepared to pay nearly the full price (or more as noted above) for second hand kit that may well have been abused by the previous owner (shades of "one careful lady owner" spring to mind).

Funniest thing I've ever seen on eBay was an uproar created by a bloke who'd paid an enormous amount of money for an X-Box box! :shock:

The seller pointed out that the description clearly pointed out........... :mrgreen:

Don't know how it got resolved.

Back