Buying at the Harrogate Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Copeland

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm attending the Harrogate Show later in the month and I'm interested in buying the Record Power BDS150 belt sander. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of what sort of discount is typical? I can buy the sander on line now for £149 with free postage, but I wonder whether it's worth waiting to see if I can get it cheaper at the show.

Jamie

Hi Jamie
Ive found that the shows aren't always cheaper but if you have proof of competitors prices they will normally match and throw in the odd freebie
Hth David

Ive never had a problem paying by credit card ,the only problem is with the new building, it is difficult to get wifi signal for the machines or even phone

You should almost certainly get it cheaper at the show.

I bought mine, in April, from a local supplier for £140 - collected.

RP have a published list of seasonal offers, in my experience whatever the deal was at the October D&M show that is what will be available at Harrogate. So hopefully somebody can tell you if there was an offer at D&M (or any other show RP have been at since the beginning of October).

Terry.

Last time I went they were running a shuttle bus down to the local Sainsbury's cash point, which I used. Will take a wodge of folding this time.

davem62":2a4w0e5i said:
Ive never had a problem paying by credit card ,the only problem is with the new building, it is difficult to get wifi signal for the machines or even phone

Thanks for the heads up, we except credit cards at the shows but the environment is out of our control. We still take the good old fashioned paper vouchers with the swipe click clack manual machine incase the technology fails.

Cheers Peter

Hi folks

I contacted Record Power to find out if they'd be doing a discount on the item I'm interested in at the show and yes they will be! They'll be selling it for £129.99 with free delivery.

Apparently, the new venue means they can take card payments more easily, but going by what you folk have said I think I'll take cash to avoid disappointment.

Latest posts

Back