Business car insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, car insurance renewal time for me, I need class 3 business use, who do you use?

My quotes are all between £400-£450 (I'm mid 50's clean licence, full no claims on a mid range 4x4)

Quoted from
lv=
Co-op
Hastings

Any other favourites?

have you looked at a multicar policy- it has worked well for us, although as with everything insurance you have to check at renewal time that it still works for you.

My van insurance was with Tesco. Van was privately owned. This was a few years ago now but they included full business use at no extra charge as long as the vehicle wasn't the business, such as ice cream vans or taxi's. Not sure what class, but I was covered for carrying customer equipment and stock and travelling to customer premises, which was more than just commuting. Unfortunately I shredded the documents a year or so ago, but you cold give them a try.

Another thought, if they will cover your postcode, have you considered trying NFU Mutual? They have a good reputation as far as I know.

Keep shopping around, seems a complete lottery. I have been insured the last two years through an online broker called autonet, with a policy through Zurich insurance.

Hope that helps

My van insurance is with budget, comes in around £300 with windscreen cover, legal insurance, green flag roadside assistance and a replacement van in the case of an accident.

Got my quotes from compare the market and there were cheaper quotes but i hadcnot heard of them. I refused to use that other compare company onvthe basis of those wretched adverts with that opera singer.

Good luck

Nick

Back