Bunnings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing this thread, I couldnt resist calling to my local Homebase.

As others have mentioned, its well worth a look, the stock is quite different to the blandness of Homebase and B&Q.

Quite a bit of garage / workshop gear, including rubber floor mats, metal shelving racks, complete garage style metal base and wall units.

Wide range of Ryobi tools.

Bigger range of hand tools, with quite a few aimed car mechanics -I noticed a display of spanners for sale in individual sizes.

I think the stores could do quite well, they have a different style of merchandising but consumers have become used to foreign styling with Lidl and Aldi.

This thread inspired me to go take a visit to my local in spalding, my god what a difference, actually a decent selection of tools and some reasonable quality too! Huge ryobi and ozaki?? Powertool selection as well as some aeg kit which looked good. I had to buy something so walked out with 2 very nice combination squares from a usa company. Sadly i didnt find many bargains, the prices seemed reasonable though, as said above a decent selection of garage type gear which is useful as our halfords is pretty poor.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

tomlt":16qro8pc said:
I had to buy something so walked out with 2 very nice combination squares from a usa company.

I've been looking at them for months, are they square?

Luckily my local timber yard will do a reasonable number of cuts for free, i.e split a sheet or cut lengths of timber in half, local builders merchants is the same. The timber yard does a "rough cut", the builders merchants also offers a precise cut and they have a panel saw for sheets, I have never used it but I think they charge for precision cuts whereas rough cuts are free. Both places have never once complained about whether I need 1 piece cut or 20 pieces, but I do always try and go at times when they would not normally be busy such as weekday afternoons, go on a weekdays early morning or a weekend when they are busy and you might not be so popular lol.

I guess if you are buying from bunnings regularly then it would pay to have a couple of folding sawhorses, a sharp handsaw and/or a cordless circ saw.

Latest posts

Back