BUILDING WITH SIPS - ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the planning through for a 8m x 5m workshop, initially I was going brick and block, but I am considering sips on a brick plinth over a concrete floor. Anyone any suggestions, advice or experience on which construction method to use. It will be a flat(slight pent) roof 2.5m eves not the 3m shown on the plan

Attachments

• PLANS SNIP.JPG
    PLANS SNIP.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 84
There is someone on here but cannot remember the name, who often suggests the use of SIP panels and is a big fan of this method:)

I used SIPS on this
12 x5m, SIP on walls and roof, insulated floor. All built on a reinforced raft with deeper foundation edges. Still very expensive.

I saw that build already whilst searching for anyone using SIPs, it looks amazing.

As for the cost, I don't think it;s the best time to be building anything cost wise, but I need to upgrade from a gazebo on the patio 🙃

as far as I remember, straight on top

I guess you're safe in the knowledge that if you did experience any problems, you can just get the company in to fix it :) Plus if I remember you had an aircon unit installed so should be a good temperature / humidity controlled space

I guess you're safe in the knowledge that if you did experience any problems, you can just get the company in to fix it :) Plus if I remember you had an aircon unit installed so should be a good temperature / humidity controlled space

Yes it's very swanky inside, nice handmade second kitchen, great company made it ;)

Possibly a customer reject. ;) :ROFLMAO:
If it had been my build I'd have just chucked in any old remodeled one I'd removed from a customer..........Oh I did do that. o_O
Only joking Bob, unlike you I'm a cheapskate.

not the greatest pics, but I didn't want a visible kitchen so I out in a hidden kitchenette, with a little bar area. Still work in progress hence tools in cupboard.
2 large bifolds to reveal sink area with boil tap, and dishwasher plus storage.
Middle is fridge, drawer oven, electrical board and I.T.

S8FXFi2.jpg

Qsu6r13.jpg

It's a bit small for your kitchen Bob..... oh it's his summer house!

So nice design and build I can only dream of.... Along with Dovetail Derek!! ...

not the greatest pics, but I didn't want a visible kitchen so I out in a hidden kitchenette, with a little bar area. Still work in progress hence tools in cupboard.

S8FXFi2.jpg

Qsu6r13.jpg
FFS, that's still bigger than my kitchen and he calls it a kitchenette. I must have a kitch:cry::cry::cry::cry:
very nice though Bob

Last edited:

S8FXFi2.jpg

Qsu6r13.jpg

What's that sitting in the island? Some kind of frying hot plate or a big ice bucket / cooler for drinks?

@doctor Bob, the venting extractor, is that the pop up thing? how efficient is it and does it vent outside or just through filter?

@doctor Bob, the venting extractor, is that the pop up thing? how efficient is it and does it vent outside or just through filter?
No the pop up is called a down draft, I have one in my main kitchen but old hat these days

The kitchenette is like this
venting hob

it will vent outside. although it has filters so it could be recirculated.

Back