BT Praise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
My broadband has been getting slower and slower, so much so that I gave up looking at video links.
It reached a head when I tried to download my SatNav map upgrade that was going to take 110 hours @15Kbps!
I emailed BT in anger and, much to my surprise, they phoned within an hour. An Engineer came out the next day, tested everything and replaced the inlet main socket to a new type. Magic - I was getting 2.6Mb which is unheard of in our village?
Map download took 3.5 hours at 170kbps which is much more acceptable?

I was amazed that something like a socket could have had such an effect but more shocked at BT's fast response! :)
Somebody must have shaken them up?

Rod

Remarkable. Maybe folks are motivated by worrying about their jobs?

Now if this could rub off on Virgin Broadband we would all have a party!

Do you think it could some type of virus thing that could be could by several other service companies? There is always hope.

If you suspect that your internet connection is slower than it should be it's worth kicking up a bit of a fuss. When we moved into our current house in the middle of town the engineer came out to connect the phone and I asked him what speed we would likely achieve. His fancy measuring device said about 6Mb/sec apparently due to the distance to the exchange which is what we actually achieved. I was pretty disapointed living in the middle of town.

Scroll forward a year and something goes wrong with the line. The BT guy gets up the local pole has a fiddle and we are re-connected only this time at 6Mb/sec. So either they moved the exchange or the original line wasn't up to standard.

Back