bs250 bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prawnking

Established Member
Reaction score
any one know where is the best place to buy bandsaw blades for th record bs250 blade length = 70.1/4 " or 1785mm sizes 1/4" to 1/2"
seen alot of blades for 70" but none for mysize does 1/4" make a big difference or no

cheers

shaun

If the blades are measured in mm,it's perfectly possible the 1/4 inch is just (slightly) different answers when converting to inches (e.g. 1 inch = 25 mm or 25.4 mm)
And over that length,I would think the blade tension would be able to cope with 1/4" variation anyway.

Andrew

cheers for the reply
thought so just wanted to double check
where is the best place to get new blades or should i try axminster and rutlands.

cheers

shaun

prawnking":c09oxwmv said:
any one know where is the best place to buy bandsaw blades for th record bs250 blade length = 70.1/4 " or 1785mm sizes 1/4" to 1/2"
seen alot of blades for 70" but none for mysize does 1/4" make a big difference or no

cheers

shaun

I have just replaced my Bandsaw with a BS250.

I had a couple of spare blades in stock from the old bandsaw that were still in the supplier's packaging so I contacted them and cheekily asked if they would be interested in part exchange!

Receiving a favourable reply, I took the unwanted blades to NLS Tools at Waltham Cross and the chap did a straight swap (even though the new ones would have been more expensive).

That the sort of old-fashioned traditional customer service that one rarely sees nowadays and has secured my customer loyalty (and recommendations!)

The firm also has a website “Justbandsawblades” - if you like that sort of thing.

MC Black

I have always used Tuffsaw in Wales. Ian is very knowledgeable and his products excellent. Give him a try, you won't regret it.

Bill

Tuffsaw blades are the very best you can buy. No doubt about it and if you can give Ian Black a call, he can tell you what blades you may need according to the sort of work you want to do. He also guarantees his blades.

Alex

MCB":26cjdee4 said:

I had a couple of spare blades in stock from the old bandsaw that were still in the supplier's packaging so I contacted them and cheekily asked if they would be interested in part exchange!

Receiving a favourable reply, I took the unwanted blades to NLS Tools at Waltham Cross and the chap did a straight swap (even though the new ones would have been more expensive).

That the sort of old-fashioned traditional customer service that one rarely sees nowadays and has secured my customer loyalty (and recommendations!)

The firm also has a website “Justbandsawblades” - if you like that sort of thing.

MC Black

I'm always very suspicious when somebody joins a forum and immediately posts a glowing recommendation for a supplier...

pcb1962":3s1ulbx3 said:
MCB":3s1ulbx3 said:

MC Black

I'm always very suspicious when somebody joins a forum and immediately posts a glowing recommendation for a supplier...

I can take a hint and if you are NOT interested in my comments then I'll NOT bother to give them in the future.

It's totally unnecessary to cast aspersions on my personal integrity.

I joined the list because I have just acquired a new bandsaw and searched for threads relevant to bandsaws.

MCB

Back