Brownie points for Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I know in this age of computer databases this sort of thing is easily arranged but..
Had good example of customer relations from them yesterday, collected some bits from axminster yesterday whilst cruising the area and had to go to the distribution warehouse to pick one item up.

On arriving home some hours later having taken in the sea air along the coast I find an e-mail from them.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping at Axminster Tool Centre, Axminster. Unfortunately we are unable to
stock the entire product range instore and therefore you had to collect products from the
distribution centre here in Axminster.

We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused and hope to see you again soon.

Yours faithfully
Axminster Power Tool Centre Ltd

Customer Service

Hard to resist that warm fuzzy feeling....

Mixed feelings here re Axminster, I have never had a delivery from them where at least 1 item wasn't damaged and in need of return. Having said that their customer services is exemplary meaning that despite the problems I do still use them. Classic Handtools was my preferred supplier (preffered to Axminster that is) but now that they appear to have added delivery charges to their costs that may change.
Cheers Mike

I must say in defence of Axminster that I have ordered a wide range of stuff from Axminster from a table saw down to a single router bit and have never had a problem. With larger stuff that they ship via TNT you can also track where it is and who has signed for it.

I also find the catalogue is good reading material for the loo (in preference to my wife's Marie Claire)

Regards

Jonathan

mr wrote:
but now that they appear to have added delivery charges to their costs that may change.
Axminster have always charged delivery on goods under £45, so if you want a small order it seems to be an art form to get it to £45 or just a tad more :D - Rob

Mike, it's still free over £49.99 at CHT isn't it? Personally find it all too easy to reach that... :oops: Incidentally 10% until the end of the month at the mo'.

Cheers, Al

So far I have had nothing but good service, both delivery and after from Axminster. See how they deal with my present lathe problem and then comment fully.

Pete

woodbloke":2wjlhnnb said:
mr wrote:
but now that they appear to have added delivery charges to their costs that may change.
Axminster have always charged delivery on goods under £45, so if you want a small order it seems to be an art form to get it to £45 or just a tad more :D - Rob
Nope. Used to be £30 which was a lot more managable to get up to if just needing to order one or two bits.

Actually I guess I don't mean managable - how about less of a feeling that I am spending more than I ought. :)

Andrew

woodbloke":fsrll9wz said:
Yes Rob I'm aware that APTC have always charged delivery which is why I always end up spending more than planned to get to the free delivery. :) I meant that Classic Handtools appear to have started charging delivery which Mike H never used to as far as I can remember regardless of the amount you spent -though I could be wrong - I guess it was always built into the cost you paid. Alf 10% indeed till the end of the month. I currently have a "toolbox" worth £58 and change there (including the 10%) and theres a fiver delivery charge on top. I don't mind too much though cos I always have a warm fuzzy feeling when looking at the CHT site. :)
Cheers Mike

Oh I'm much worse, Mike - I seem to have committed to a set of chisels without ever going on the site at all! :lol: And you're right - the delivery charge only came late last year?

Axminster, btw, only used to charge under £20; those were the days. But postage now is such a hefty chunk of lettuce. :(

Cheers, Alf

I've ordered several times from Axminster in the past few weeks, and there have been no problems at all - all orders fulfilled, packed well, received in a few days. All my orders in the past have been OK, too. I like them.

Axminster ,top firm ,lovely people,but then I have never had a dud order from them ,same as everybody else though spend over £50 to save a fivers postage and I'm from Yorkshire !!! :lol:

Back