BRM Update coming SOON

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
And dare I say perhaps a new visitor to the " Round Side "

Someone known to most of us on here , picked up a chisel for the firs time , had a go , and then said

O DEAR

Watch this space , If he comes clean :lol:

I have a photos to up load but cant seem to send it to my IMac by bluetooth

Will have a go later on \:D/

Well Allen came round this morning and helped me setup the Big Red Machine. I'd already arranged for MarkW to drop in for a cuppa and a natter. Needless to say, Mark just left after turning his first bowl ;)

Sadly I forgot to get a pic of the finished piece. I was a lovely 6" bowl in Sycamore and Mark did better than any beginner I've ever seen. Including me whos been turning for 7 months. :shock: :roll:

I don't realistically think Mark will buy a lathe, but I think he may be a more frequent visitor :lol:

I'll put up a pic of the BRM later.

Jenx":2lsk8tps said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Come on then, Mr Shy .. come clean ....
We'll be gentle with you :wink: 8) :D

Tick Tock

Tick Tock

Time will tell :-k :-k :-k

Probably cant get him off the lathe :lol: :lol:

wizer":3029amke said:
Well Allen came round this morning and helped me setup the Big Red Machine. I'd already arranged for MarkW to drop in for a cuppa and a natter. Needless to say, Mark just left after turning his first bowl ;)

Sadly I forgot to get a pic of the finished piece. I was a lovely 6" bowl in Sycamore and Mark did better than any beginner I've ever seen. Including me whos been turning for 7 months. :shock: :roll:

I don't realistically think Mark will buy a lathe, but I think he may be a more frequent visitor :lol:

I'll put up a pic of the BRM later.

So Tom

Another bowl gets away :lol: :lol:

Here she is then

DSC_1297.JPG

Very

Happy

Bunny

(that is until Allen gets bored with the VB :shock: )

:lol:

Blister":20gse5fm said:
Someone known to most of us on here , picked up a chisel for the firs time , had a go , and then said

O DEAR

Watch this space , If he comes clean :lol:

\:D/

It can't be!

Did he fiddle with balls for Essex?

Not possible! :wink:

No not MrGarnham, we'll get him one day tho :D

He Lurketh, with intent ... no doubt about it :wink:

Its an inevitability :wink: 8) 8) :D

'Big Red' is looking brilliant Tom .... always admired that thing.. since first saw it with Mike Swain on here.... its lovely !

8) 8) 8)

Tom,and Allen, alias Wizer and Blister, I would like to point out that if Mike Swain had put the BRM in an envelope and posted it to me when I asked him,I would have been the owner of the BRM now. :cry: :cry:
It looks beautiful you lucky sod Wizer, but I wish you the best of luck Tom may you have many years of enjoyment with it and look after it for me. Keep an eye out for a big envolope :lol: :lol: REgards Boysie

dsc0562p.jpg

I suppose I'd better own up - I have turned.

I should point out that I can't take much credit for this, all I did was finish off the inside (with lots of guidance from Tom and Alan). It was a very therapeutic and enlightening experience I must admit, and I suspect Tom's right about the more frequent visits.
I won't be going over to the round side just yet though, as I don't have the cash to throw around. Even if I did finding space in the workshop for another machine (of any worthwhile calibre) just doesn't exist - perhaps that's a good thing :roll:

Well done Mark. You really did pick it up better than most beginners I've seen. You're welcome any time for a 'play'. 8)

Now I've got to try and produce something as good tomorrow.

Great looking bowl Mark especially for a first attempt :shock:
Will look forward to seeing some more soon :D
Also graet to see the BRM up and assembled at last Tom :D
The rotating head will be a big help for you.

Back