Brass Tacks?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhill

Cyber Heretic
Reaction score
I am looking for some brass tacks to finish a project . Something that looks a bit like a 'drawing pin' or 'thumb tack', but that is actually brass. Does anyone here know a good supplier in the UK, or EU? Most of the 'brass' tacks seemed to be 'coloured' or plated. I could imagine the coating wearing off, rust setting in, and the result being disappointing.

My apologies if this is not the right place for this query - mods feel free to delete or move it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Is this what you are looking for?
P3100166 (640x480).jpg

I think I got these from Isaac Lord a very long time ago. you don't say how many you need there must be from 600 to 1000 in this box you can have it if you like.

Attachments

• P3100166 (640x480).jpg
    P3100166 (640x480).jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 805
Chrispy":2ro6j9dx said:
Is this what you are looking for?

I think I got these from Isaac Lord a very long time ago. you don't say how many you need there must be from 600 to 1000 in this box you can have it if you like.

Wow, that is a very good offer although far more than I need. It would be greedy to take them all for such a small project. Fourty or fifty would be more than I need, including a safety margin (and practice).

If you would be prepared to send me some, then I will insist on reimbursing you for postage and 'time and trouble'. Should we take this to PMs?

Thanks

Thank you to Chris, I now have exactly what I was after.

Chris: It was very kind of you to take the trouble. PM me details and I will send payment - at least for the postage, please. Otherwise please nominate a charity and I will make a contribution.

Latest posts

Back