brass sash cramp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurcher

Established Member
Reaction score
hi last week i bought a 3ft sash cramp it was a bit rusty so i started to clean it then i noticed it was very shiny after alot more cleaning it turns out that the heads of the cramp and the stop are made of brass and very well made to has anyone ever come across this type before.

Sounds a bit like you might have bought a Japanese sash clamp, a hatagane. Those are the only sash clamps I've seen pics of that have are made from brass. Generally these are all brass, but apparently they do make steel ones as well if you came across some actual rust.

Does it look like this?

it looks just the same as a record 135 a steel dar with holes but both heads are brass it has me flumoxed
i would posst you as many pics as i can but it just say my immage is to big sorry,

lurcher":3greyvd4 said:
it looks just the same as a record 135 a steel dar with holes but both heads are brass it has me flumoxed
i would posst you as many pics as i can but it just say my immage is to big sorry,

Just sub-sample the pics; there's a "Picture Posting Guide" sticky post in every forum.

It's pretty simple.

BugBear

Latest posts

Back