• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Brace + Auger bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msparker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a brace (10-12"), a set of auger bits and an auger bit file. I'm keen to learn to sharpen but really I'm posting here rather than looking at eBay as I'd like something that's in good shape already.

On the other hand if anybody spots something that looks good on eBay or know of good used tool dealers I'd be greatful for the tips

I gave my Stanley brace & auger bits away this summer to a African charity . Didn’t think people still used them . Sorry

I gave my Stanley brace & auger bits away this summer to a African charity . Didn’t think people still used them . Sorry

I suspect most don't lol! I think you can still use them to be accurate by going slow in the absence of a pillar drill or drill guide and you can drill angles more easily so I've used them for Windsor chair legs before.

Here you go found them all, Stanley No 78 8in brace, two of the augers have had the tang cut off to use in a power drill but all others are in tip top condition, two files and a screwdriver.

Brace.jpeg

Brace name.jpeg

Augers 1.jpeg

Augers 2.jpeg

Unparalled levels of caution can be applied with a tool that doesn't use electricity! I don't use mine much but it's one of those "just in case" tools. Should be behind a pane of breakable glass really.

Hi Mark,
I’ve got a few braces & breast drill laying around, all in need of cleaning up, PM me if your still looking, and I’ll get some pics taken.

Latest posts

Back