Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely piece of walnut you've made into a stunning bowl, Mark.

Kym

PS - Wish I'd never asked that stupid question about vases on the other thread.

Hi all

Thank you for your comments. I as said found this piece of wood to be that bit special and am please with the way it turned out.

Kym

There was nothing wrong with your question at all. It is a perfectly sensible question to ask with regards to the origins of names etc, to understand fully about what we do keeps it interesting.

Hi Lee

I will probably take some time out as I have a lot of work to get through and not enough time to do it. So using up energy in a negative way is not good for me or anyone else.

Of course I doubt I will be able to stay away as I have made some good friends on this and other forums all around the globe and I am not going to allow one misguided situation alter what I want to do.

Anyway I could not get by without your wit :D.

I will post new bits and pieces from time to time and keep up with things. There is always info to pick up.

Take care

Mark

Nice 1 m8,

Things always look different in the morning as they say.

Sometimes it's good to get the blood bowling over something in life, even if it is just a hollow form!

Anyway, don't be a stranger, I've posted loads and you've missed it all man.... :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Mark,

Lovely bowl (form, whatever) stunning wood, contrasting and flowing lines. for me its gorgeous. Discussion on basics of form, function, structure... and healthy debate are a positive thing we can all learn from...surely we can debate and express different views without issue?

Mod Edit: Jeremy please see your PM's CHJ

Jeremy

ha ha...

and now I have learnt something...I know why 'pineapple' appears in some posts...I thought I was missing some fruit related joke!

(yes, I know, late to the party...)

J

Edit: Pm seen. Point (and forum rules) noted.

Hi Jeremy

Yes debate can be good but the way I dealt with the situation of being bated was obviously not the way in which the process works. Being a long term antagonist or troll appears to be the accepted method of conduct. This was the first time on any forum that I have had a go back and those who know me will know how I normally tread on egg shells to stop forum problems. Just enough of these people is enough for me.

Therefore after more thought I am afraid I will be staying away for the foreseeable future if not permanently. There is much information available to people about form etc both historically and mathematically available if it interests you. Many examples which can be found easily through research.

There is also much info available about design and composition which can be found. Nearly all the information you will need can be found on the net, in libraries and through blogs etc.

People can also email me if they want to ask about things or to keep in touch if they want. If I do not know the answer which is often, I probably know someone that does.

The forum is now free for trolls to roam. I will be in the background and will contact a few via pm etc.

Apologies to Chas if my final message needs to moderated. I appreciate how hard the process of keeping us all in line must be. (that was a genuine statement not me being sarcastic again :D )

Take care all

Mark

Being someone who regularly gets into trouble on Forums, including here where I have received a warning recently, I understand why you would wish to take a break from contributing. Shame that things got out of hand on another thread but don't let that stop you showing new works elsewhere. We can all learn from seeing new aproaches and techniques in turning. Maybe there is a case for a Turning/Lathe only Forum in the UK.

Mark, thats absolutely gorgeous... its beautiful in every way.

I've 'missed' whatever is being referred to, regarding some 'daft political handbags at 10 paces' thing .. thankfully.

I cant be 'ar*ed with all that sh*te ... we're all 'one'... across the entirety of the universe.. all 'one', all the one conciousness... everything else is just illusionary nonsense .. so whatever it was that happend, I'm mighty glad you're still here for me ( and everyone else ) to enjoy your wonderful work, however infrequent my chances to log in are at the moment.
I'd feel robbed if I couldn't see your ( and everyone else's ) suff.

Take it easy everyone..
Thats one fabulous piece of work. 8)

Hi Philip where have you been hiding? Haven;'t seen much of your work lately, be interested to see what sort of thing you are doing at the moment.

(Sorry....quick hijack :lol: )

Back