Bought a new compact mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought a new compound mitre saw, which hopefully will be delivered this week.

The main reason for the purchase, I need more space under the blade, I’m doing a major refurbishment at the moment, and my EB KGS300 with a clearance of 50mm is not enough. A real pity as this saw is awesome,

I bought a Hitachi C12RSH, actually wanted the C12LSH with the bevel monitor, but according to Hitachi these will not be imported to the UK, neither will be for the coming months. So the C12RSH it had to be.

However I will have a look if the bevel monitor can be retrofitted to the saw, on the parts list it looks like a complete unit. At the moment I do not know what else is specific to the C12LSH but will know once the saw is here.

Then I will have two compound mitre saws, which is one to many, I will sell the EB KGS300, an excellent machine, had it retrofitted with he original EB electronic brake (an absolute must), and recently bought three new Axcaliber TCT blades for it from Axminster (40/60/80) even has the original stand with it. At one time I bought the laser for it, but didn’t feel it added anything to it, so I sold it

So watch this space for when I will be selling the EB

good deal for someone there i'm sure. got a kgs305 myself. oldest most reliable tool in the shop.

jeff

Looks like an interesting purchase and it would be interesting to hear how you get on with this one - is it as accurate and reliable as your previous saw, etc. Wizer also bought one of these last year (110v) but, I don't think he's had much time to use it properly.

Could you use one of these digital Bevel Boxes to over come your other problem?

OPJ":ukp5f2kb said:
Looks like an interesting purchase and it would be interesting to hear how you get on with this one - is it as accurate and reliable as your previous saw, etc. Wizer also bought one of these last year (110v) but, I don't think he's had much time to use it properly.

Could you use one of these digital Bevel Boxes to over come your other problem?

Those boxes could work, but for Gbp40 more i have the original

Back