Bosch wireless charging

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick Gibbs":p71r5q4o said:
Of course. But why if they think they can devise something more revolutionary that puts them a leap rather than a small step ahead of the competition?

Hi Nick

This is where I have a problem - I just can't see any advantage, must be getting set in my ways :( :( .

Please please please - Somebody help me to understand why this is a good idea - (and back it up with sound ergonomical and scientific evidence).

Regards Mick

Spindle":1nfl8dj8 said:
Nick Gibbs":1nfl8dj8 said:
Of course. But why if they think they can devise something more revolutionary that puts them a leap rather than a small step ahead of the competition?

Hi Nick

This is where I have a problem - I just can't see any advantage, must be getting set in my ways :( :( .

Please please please - Somebody help me to understand why this is a good idea - (and back it up with sound ergonomical and scientific evidence).

Regards Mick

In any suitable duty cycle, e.g. where your charging input exceeds your usage drain, then you never need to change batteries all day long.

If Bosch can successfully sell a combo screwdriver, corkscrew, barbecue lighter, pepper mill then I'm not about to bet against them!
Edit: http://www.bosch-ixo.com/gb/en/the-ixo. ... collection

I almost bit :D :D

I thought, for a minute you were being serious there - oops :oops:

We are talking serious DIY / woodworking here aren't we?

Regards Mick

Spindle":13equg4h said:

Regards Mick

Granted, we are talking significantly different target markets here - although who hasn't wanted to uncork a cheeky Beaujolais midway through a job?

KevM":3a3yngbc said:
although who hasn't wanted to uncork a cheeky Beaujolais midway through a job?

That's where I've been going wrong, I should be drinking wine in the shed #-o
Oh well I better say sorry to those Black Russians, I'm sure they put me off.

KevM":199gq1xw said:
Spindle":199gq1xw said:

Regards Mick

Granted, we are talking significantly different target markets here - although who hasn't wanted to uncork a cheeky Beaujolais midway through a job?
:lol: It hasn't got a built in fridge.

"I think the big advantage will be in workshops and factories, where woodworkers will be able to place their cordless tools on a pad for constant charging, without ever worrying about them running out of charge, or having to take out the battery."

Or they could plug in to the mains.

The Bosch Ixo has a little charger that you slot the whole device into when not in use, it does have contacts but they are exposed on the surface of the tool. Mildly useful when working one spot but, It doesn't help when you are working away from the charger, and then you can't plug in new battery, you have to wait for it to recharge.

I can't think of any situation where this is a better than either a corded drill, or a battery drill with a space battery. Really does seem to be a solution looking for a problem. But then who really needed 5 blades on their razor ?

Back