Bosch Jig Saw GST 60 PBE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
Picked up one of these at the car boot this morning. The seller couldn't say if it was working or not so knocked him down to £4.
Got it home and it works fine. But ....

... the only snag is changing the blade. The only info. I can find on the net is something about accessing a screw with a long flat headed screwdriver down long a narrow tube through handle directly over the blade.

Well I've tried but a normal flat driver will not connect to anything - wondering if it might be a torx screw? - but I've nothing long enough whilst being thin enough in diameter (normal 1/4 bits are too large to fit in the tube).

Anyone got one of these jigsaws or can remember (I know they're quite elderly now) how to change the blade?

Thanks.

A very long flat screwdriver with straight sides not flared about 4 to 5mm wide tip. We lost the original one years ago and had to buy a CK screwdriver to replace it
They were one of the best jigsaws aroound at the time and still good compared to alot today

Thanks for the answers confirming what I'd read on the web I'm still struggling though as I can't find the screw slot with the drivers I have to hand. I'll raid my brother's tool chests tomorrow (he's got a million pounds worth of Snap-on gear :) )

Is there a blade in it already ? if not then the screw may have fallen out , shine a light down to see if you can see it.

yes I had the same problem got a long reach terminal driver from Stanley works a treat I think its about 200mm long or so but does the trick

Ryan

The reason I couldn't find the screw head slot was that someone before had broken of a driver blade in the slot. After much cursing a faffing about I managed to get the broken piece out. Now sorted and working very well.

Thanks for all the help. :)

Back