Bosch GKS 55 with guide rail?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Working on this quicky router table has made me realise I need a hand held CS. The triton is a bit big and heavy and plus I would rather keep it in the workcenter perm.

I have a little Sip cordless CS but i'm not that impressed with it. It can't handle 18mm WBP even on a full battery.

So being impressed by my Bosch SCMS I thought i'd stick with the brand.

The GKS 55 looks like it will suit. I'd like to hear comments on this choice

Also I have seen the bigger model on eBay with a guide rail system. But I can't work out if this is available for the 55. On Tooled Up it lists a Bosch Guide Rail Adapter For Guide Rail For Gks 55 but I don't think that is the actual rail? is it?

Any help welcomed

TIA

I have the GKS65, it's fine. If I could start over, I might pony up the extra for the Festool, but as I am where I am, I feel no need to change. It does the job, it just lacks some of the bells and whistles like ease of adjustability, anti-splinter stuff, etc.

i couldn't justify the festool atm. If I end up cutting a lot of sheet goods then i'd definitely consider it. I've seen it in action and it's a good bit of kit.

Did your GKS 65 come with a guide rail? Was it the full 2.8m?

It didn't come as a package, at least at that time, I think (it was a present, I've remembered, and this was about 5 years ago).

I have two 1.4m rails.

Back