Bosch 18V Circular Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone got one ?.
Always looking for something reasonably cheap to put those spare batteries in. And with Bosch, pickings are usually meager, so why not a cordless CS.
Was looking at the Bosch GKS 18V-57(£110-£115), but shopping around you can get the GKS 18V LIN for just a little bit more(£166) which i think you can also run on a guide rail.

Last edited:
I have the GKS 18V-57.
18 months back (?) Bosch did a promo and I got the bare saw for free when I bought their top model brushless angle grinder.
It's not brushless and it has a simple pressed steel baseplate. But it has useful power.
I have a TS55 tracksaw so I don't need a cordless equivalent. I wanted it for quick jobs and for slicing up sheet at the builders merchant to fit in the car.
It will rip 40mm oak with the standard thin kerf blade (hardly the best choice for the job) and it's a one handed tool.
I'm not sure if I would have spent £100 real money on it but I'm happy to have it.

and for slicing up sheet at the builders merchant to fit in the car.
Oddly enough, that was the exact reason i was thinking of.
I go out to B&Q too get ply or mdf as they have a free cutting service, get there and the staff member who operates the saw is off - wasted journey.
Nice to have the option of 'roughing' it myself to get it home and exact cutting it from there.

Leaning more towards now the GSK18v-LI, which has the better base and can be used on tracks.

You might want to verify what is available to you. I had the GKS 18V-57 G, and loved it and the G means it works with the FSN guide rails. I can't see any reference for the GKS 18 V-LI being compatible with the FSN rails.

The other difference between these to models which side the blade is on. The GKS 18V-57 G has the blade on the right side while the GKS 18 V-LI has the blade on the left side.

I can't see any reference for the GKS 18 V-LI being compatible with the FSN rails.
The G model is for sure for use with guide rails, but the LI has a slot on its base and the only use i can think of there being one is for a rail.
The G is also the more expensive of the two, as far as I can see. But I'll take the advice and do a bit more research into it, Yt etc and see if i can come up with any answers.
Pic of LI
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I have the G version and it does indeed run on the Bosch/Mafell style guide rails. It also has the great big slot that you can see on Tritons pic, so I've always assumed that meant it would also run on some other style of rail, but I've never tested that theory.

Here is a 2010 YouTube video from Toolstop showing the GKS 18-V LI on a guide rail. However, the rail shown is not the current FSN rail and some of the comments confirm the saw will not work with the Bosch rails.

By the way, if this saw is anything like the GKS 18V-57 G, no amount of vacuum or dust extraction is going to make this an indoor saw. I used mine to cut a window in a solid core interior door, and it was a mess. When I cut the second door, I did what I should have done for the first and took it outside.

Duly noted Mike. I think I'll opt for the ultra cheapie, and it will probably be used once a year if that. I think im just in a spending mood :LOL:
I've the table saw and the new festool plunge saw for the workshop use. It's just if i ever need something to use outdoors.

If you just want to buy something new, how about a

GDX 18V-200 C​

At about £120 for the bare tool.
I have an earlier version of this brushless hybrid impact driver that will take a 1/4" hex screwdriver bit or a half inch square drive socket.
It's a versatile tool and gets a bit more use than the cordless saw.

There are a few versions of the GDX18V xxx. The brushless ones are better and newer versions are more powerful than my original.

GDX 18V-200 C
Too late, ive already picked up one in a twin pack just a fortnight ago. Really only wanted the impact driver and the smaller 2 Ah batteries, but always use the spare drill
Bosch 18v dont have the same number of bare tools as makita or dewalt. Ideally other additions would be an angle drill,but bosch inexplicably they dont seem to do one in 18v, so a CS will suffice for now

Last edited:
:)
A proper bosch angle drill would be great. I was in dire need a few months back but remembered some Armeg stubby bits which also work in the impact. That combo was just short enough to squeeze into the space.

Back