Bosch GCM 10SD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Only a few quick questions on this one.

Can anyone tell me the exact size, front (handle) to back of this machine when the blade is pushed all the way back? And the distance from the front/back to the face of the fence?

Honestly, do you have any sideways movement when the blade in fully forward.

Thanks

HI Andy

I will have a measure when I get home but with respect to the movement; Yes there is some, to be literal about it, but you have to really yank it sideways to notice it - not recommended. In normal use it is excellent and always returns to the same position. Easily the equal of any Dewalt SCMS and very close to the stiffest SCMS I have tried - the Makita LS thingy. The Makita is more expensive and not as easy to setup for compound cuts IMO, and I prefer the Bosch mitre adjuster. Also I got the Bosch for £369 with a free stand from Axminster as opposed to the £539 for the Makita.

HTH

it's in the basket, an i just caaaaaan't press the order button :?

I have a cheap ryobi and i hate it, but i do have a feeling that the bosch is too big for a single garage.

Andy,

Have you considered the Makita LS0714? OK, the capacities are smaller but then so is the footprint. Andy King gave it a good write-up a while ago.

No idea if Lawsons price is any good, by the way - it just happened to be the first UK supplier which came up on Google.

Cheers,
Neil

LyNx":3rkhvtew said:
but i do have a feeling that the bosch is too big for a single garage.

Hi Andy

It is big! I have mine in a single garage and don't have the space to leave it setup ready to go unfortunately. But what I do is leave it as it was sent, which is with the blade pulled all the way forward and set to the maximum mitre angle cut of 60 deg it is no wider that usual but a hell of a lot shorter. I will give the measurements when I get home. I gulped when I saw it for the first time but it is one of my favorite tools - you tell this when you start making excuses just to use it. I also got a laser guide for it Look Here which works really nicely.

Go on you know you want to :twisted:

Lynx,
Just measured it to be 42" front knob to back (and 22.5" wide).
I find it massive in my 14' x 8' workshop. But I store it like cutting42 does - takes up less space until I need it. I think one of the Dewalt saws has a much smaller footprint - can't remember which one though.
Cheers
Gidon

Hi Andy

Just measured it as 3' 7" front to back when the blade is fully back and set for 90 deg chops. When in the storage position as I described before it is just 1' 7" front to back.

42" :shock: :shock:

bloody hell, that is big. I may have to think about this one.

The wive has already put a stop to the purchase this month, so looks like Jan-07's pay day (if still on offer).

Thanks for the input guys. But any chance of the dimension from handle to face of fence :wink: :wink: It's so i can work out if my existing bench will serve as a mitre saw bench or a new re-build.

Back