bosch disc cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Not totally a wood working tool, but I was using my disc cutter in a woodworking project when it failed me. Terminally, core windings gone.
So, after about 20 years, I need another disc cutter. Things have changed a lot and I'm not sure if the one I like the look of is ok, so, does anyone have anything, good or bad, to say about this model
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-PWS-700 ... 1e93e16c44

I'm not familiar with that particular model of a Bosch angle grinder
When my stuff conks out I seem to get what's in stock in Jewsons at the time as I don't have a lot of time to "ponce"
about.
Therefore, I have several different Bosch tools along side Makita and Hitachi, Which they stock from time to time.
Never had any problems with Bosch, OK stuff for the money, same as the Makita and Hitachi
I have just bought a new angle grinder by Makita for similar money, from jewsons, works a treat.
Regards Rodders

not aware of the difference of blue and green bosch, havent owned any of theirs before. I saw one today and liked the no tools quick position change on the guard, but the shop only had an incomplete demo left, waiting on next weeks delivery so i thought I'd ask.
I tend to buy makita when possible, but to do that I have to wait a month till I get back to the UK. makita prices here make your eyes water.

Decisions decisions.

Blue Bosch tools are looked on as more heavy duty, and more frequent use, whereas the green is associated with the
lower priced DIY example in the sheds.
I've had both and been fortunate that I have had no issues at all.
Regards Rodders

I've (ab)used a blue Bosch 4.5" one for about 10 years now, and it's been excellent. Also have an even older 9", which is a beast, but pretty unstoppable. The only thing that is a nuisance is the disk changing, but maybe more modern ones are easier.
Like others have said, the green Bosch are a different kettle of fish altogether and generally only suitable for domestic use.

I have makita and they're excellent. I also have Sparky branded ones (clearance at screwfux and only £30!) and they are pretty good, just a bit heavier. I still also have an old black AEG 9" I bought ex-hire over 15 years ago. That's still going strong and only recently had a set of new brushes for the first time.

TBH, unless you are welding and using a grinder most days, and subjected to hard work, the lighter duty is probably OK. If you're previous model was green, Then the one you showed should suffice.
Regards Rodders

my previous was a B&Q own brand was it powerpro? (only binned it today and already I cant remember its name. i dont like getting old).

I'm slowly replacing old stuff with makita. My son uses all these tools for a living, and always tells me to buy makita. So far so good, just not good at waiting for things.

Back