Bora speedhorse v toughbuilt C700 v Axminster own brand saw horses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Looking to invest in one of the above saw horse sets mainly to use as supports for a parf table top . I’d make my own but don’t have the time. Have any of you got any of these? What do you think of them? I’m probably leaning towards the Axi or toughbuilt ones as they seem to be a little bit cheaper.

Many thanks
Pete

I have the Axminster ones. I don't use them day to day, but they had ~3 months everyday use when we were renovating our house (and then served as the legs on an improvised dining table for another 6 months). I've been very happy with them and would be happy to replace like for like if they got lost or damaged.

I’ve been looking at the speed horses and they will be a good investment- i previously purchased two pairs from machine mart and they wobble like a chivers jelly. If bora make a set with adjustable legs then I’ll probably get those . I did see a pair in Toolstation and I think these were toughbuilt but I could be wrong- they did however seem very stable . I need 2 pairs for cutting worktops so will have to wait for my finances to recover 🤑🤑🤑

I have the toughbuilt ones and would recommend them. Adjustable legs have been useful. They are strong.

A more expensive option to add to the three you mention is the dewalt DE7035 These are like their short mitre saw stand but stronger and simplified for use as a portable saw horse.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the others but I've got a pair of the Toughbuilt C700 and I find that they're very solid and quick to put up/take down.

I tend to use them in the garden with a couple of 4x2s and an old sheet of 8x4 on top (few screws to secure it to the 2x4s) to make a cutting surface larger than I can fit in my workshop.

The garden slabs are on a slope and a bit uneven but the individually adjustable legs easily cope with this and make for a nice solid and level cutting surface.

I’ve been looking at the speed horses and they will be a good investment- i previously purchased two pairs from machine mart and they wobble like a chivers jelly. If bora make a set with adjustable legs then I’ll probably get those . I did see a pair in Toolstation and I think these were toughbuilt but I could be wrong- they did however seem very stable . I need 2 pairs for cutting worktops so will have to wait for my finances to recover 🤑🤑🤑
The best horses for worktops ( for me ) are the stanley juniors. They are 32 quid a pair. I have 6! That means that you can have loads of support under both pieces when the cut finishes and undes sink cutouts etc.... and they are just under 600 wide, which is good for tight spaces.

Back