books

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just returned "The bandsaw handbook" by Mark Duginske to the local library, really enjoyed reading it, how does it rate against "Bandsaw basics" by same author and "The bandsaw book" by Lonnie Bird? neither of which are available.
Has anyone any other books on bandsaws and table saws they can recommend please?
Learning like mad (or trying to)
pip

Pip,

I can't comment on how it compares with the other books you mention, but you can still buy Lonnie Bird's book - see Amazon.

I bought this book recently and found it very helpful to a newbie!

Regards,
Paul.

Thanks mates, ordered Lonnie Birds book, should be here this week,
now,
which is the best table saw book??
anybody?
thanks in anticipation
pip

I've got "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler (ISBN 1-56158-426-6) and would put it at the same level as Lonnie Bird's Bandsaw Book (I bought both as a package fron The Crafstmans Book Club,and think they are both excellent)

Andrew

Thanks again peeps, Kelly Mehler it is, now before you get fed up with my questions, Which Routing book do you reccommend? there's loads of choice for these.
I promise this is the last book question I'll ask (for now :lol: )
Ta lots,
pip

I've found "Woodworking with the Router" (Hylton & Matlack) to be an excellent guide to routing. I was so impressed with it that I also bought Hylton's "Router Magic."

The former would make for a better introductory book, whilst the latter goes into some more ambitious plans such as a home built router lathe (be ware, the parts are all imperial, this being an Americal book). There is quite a bit of overlap between the books on the subject of router tables, and if I was going for only one, then it would be "Woodworking with the Router".

I haven't read any other authors' works on the subject as a comparison, but have, so far, found everything I have needed in these two.

Cheers,

Neil

Back