Blum runner repair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marineboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I needed to install a double socket on the wall behind one of my kitchen base units, so I removed the drawers and popped out the back panel before chasing out the plaster to accept the socket back box. However, stupidly, when doing the chopping out I neglected to protect the runners. As a result, one of them is full of grit and plaster dust with a resulting horrible grinding action. The runner does not seem to be able to be disassembled, so does anyone have any ideas of how to flush out the dust? I don’t have an air line so was thinking of squirting WD40 down the gap between the slide and the base, but will this also remove the lube which was presumably put in during manufacture?

Can you not remove the runner from the cabinet and tip it up/shake it to remove the dust - and vacuum it too?

I needed to install a double socket on the wall behind one of my kitchen base units, so I removed the drawers and popped out the back panel before chasing out the plaster to accept the socket back box. However, stupidly, when doing the chopping out I neglected to protect the runners. As a result, one of them is full of grit and plaster dust with a resulting horrible grinding action. The runner does not seem to be able to be disassembled, so does anyone have any ideas of how to flush out the dust? I don’t have an air line so was thinking of squirting WD40 down the gap between the slide and the base, but will this also remove the lube which was presumably put in during manufacture?
As it’s not a critical, life dependant item, if it can’t be removed for cleaning properly use spray grease after flushing with WD40. It will lubricate it perfectly and any plaster dust remaining will eventually grind itself to a powder with use.

As it’s not a critical, life dependant item, if it can’t be removed for cleaning properly use spray grease after flushing with WD40. It will lubricate it perfectly and any plaster dust remaining will eventually grind itself to a powder with use.
Thanks, I will give that a go.

Back