Blue Bottle.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been playing with this tear drop shape for a bit and have made a few pieces based upon it (you can see the others on my blog if you like) and rather than carve and texture this one I decided to use a colouring technique I have been fiddling with to give a marble/stone look. It is 5 1/2" tall and finished with a lacquer that doesn't dry too smooth and shiney. Under the colour is a very uninspiring piece of Sycamore with a bit of the dreaded grey staining. Comments welcome.

Nice shape and colour, had a look at your FB site like what I see there too, given me a few ideas.
Tom

Looks fine to me Johnny. As you stated, the finish can be used on a piece of timber that would otherwise look less pleasing on the eye. Nice shape, not overly fussy.

Dave

Classic lines Johnny, good work on the textured colour finish achievements, form would work equally well with a high polish finish character wood though, a la Kim.
Could see the form turned into a user by adding a perfume vial.

Looking great. I can imagine the top with gold leaf as well, and perhaps a bit more of the curves that look so good on the bottom part?

Latest posts

Back