Blister signing Off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't or heard or seen any of the causes of you deciding to leave the forum. If it is politics you should state what has gone on and let everyone know the problem. Keeping quiet will mean that it can happen again.

I haven't taken part in the challenge, but I do look out for it and I know that it takes some organising.

Change your mind and stay, if there is a problem then try to fix it from within.

regards
Peter

Have no idea what was the last straw in this case, but agree with all the others who say "don't go". You've provided a lot of wisdom in this section and in other parts of the forum.
It's sad that the actions or inactions of a minority should so often result in a great loss to the majority; witness Alf's departure and now this.

Really sorry to hear you are leaving the forum. I have no idea of what happened, but it's a shame someone as knowledgeable and helpful as Blister feels he has to leave. You will be sorely missed. It would be really good if you changed your mind and decided to stay after all.

Sorry to hear this, like others I have no idea what has precipitated such an action, it's disappointing though that even something as innocuous as woodturning can still bring out the worst in people.

I do not know Blister, Allen as I now know, because I am a complete newb here. But I did witness the (or at least some) of the back stabbing by a couple of 'people' dragging up a statement from over three years ago which admittedly was a poor choice of words.

However, like I stated in that thread, dragging up a minor infraction from 3 years ago to publicly bash someone is just an outrageous way to behave. All I can assume is that those involved were consumed by jealousy because Allen was invited onto the the 'team'

I am not at all religious but one thing that springs to mind in "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Allen may have done and said some stupid things in the past, I have seen one, but it would seem there are an awful lot more people here who are grateful for the contributions he has made to the community than the two people who shot him down - but as with many forums it appears that a majority is once again over ruled by an insignificant minority.

Allen, while I appreciate that you appear to have had little if any support from those with the power, clearly there is a good number of members who value you and your input, maybe the best thing to do is to just take some time to calm down and think about who it is who scores the point if you abandon the forum - the posters above all clearly have a very different opinion about you and it would seem you leaving is punishing them rather than the ones that deserve it ;)

Thank you for the mention Blister, it was a pleasure and I still plan on developing the scoreboard further.

Knowing the story now, if I was Blister I would be taking the same action. There wouldn't be a way that I could stay due to the huge involvement I would have had in this forum how the mods and others had treated me.

I can agree with the bad modding comment and have myself seen some very harsh moderation and even the manor from some mods at times I have found out of place. Not saying I know it all but I do own my own forum so have some experience.

At the end of the day this is just a forum and its not worth crying over but, myself will be more careful while using this forum. I plan to join another woodworking forum and devote more of my forum browsing time to that one as the story here has made me think twice about this place and how its ran. Ill still be posting here though.

So Blister I wish you all the luck and can fully understand your reaction and decision.

Closing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back