Blast Gates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilc

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a cheaper source for these 160mm blast gates. I got quoted STG£35 from the Belfast branch, seems a bit much. Or is there another type that people can recommend that will suit 160mm soil pipe (don't really fancy making them myself).
Neil

Neil sorry to side track you but what did you pay for 160mm Y pieces?
I have looked at CCL to use saddles and do cutout on the 160mm PVC pipe.
Barry

Barry I haven't actually got any yet. I'm in the process of building a new house and workshop at the moment so just at the design stage for the DC. I got a cyclone from the States last week but won't be plugging it in till the workshop is ready. I have a 110mm pipe in under the concrete floor but I think I'll rip it out for a 160mm one or do you think just the main run would be enough in 160mm. Any ideas on the blast gates.
Neil.

Neil at the CCL price I will build my own. It was not worth doing with the 110mm pipe. Just modified the 100mm which were £6 in plastic. I built a blastgate for the bottom of my filter and used masonite and two pieces of 9mm MDF - was not much work.
Barry

Have you asked for a discount CCL always do one for me.
Why not do a temp. hook up to see if 110mm will do the job first.

Maybe I'll make my own after all. Barry do you get much leakage when the gate is open if you know what I mean. A temp hook up isn't an option at the moment as its not closed up yet and the machine is a bit of a beast to lug around. I only want to do it once. Any thoughts on going from 110mm to 160mm under the floor. Its not too easy as you can see but I think I'll do it.
1_28.jpg

10_14.jpg

Neil

neilc":350luhtq said:
Maybe I'll make my own after all. Barry do you get much leakage when the gate is open if you know what I mean. A temp hook up isn't an option at the moment as its not closed up yet and the machine is a bit of a beast to lug around. I only want to do it once. Any thoughts on going from 110mm to 160mm under the floor. Its not too easy as you can see but I think I'll do it.

Neil

What happens if you get a blockage with the pipe under the floor ?

Chris.

neilc":279e3hlf said:
Maybe I'll make my own after all. Barry do you get much leakage when the gate is open if you know what I mean.
Neil
No more than you get from the bought blastgates. Mainly leak when closed - you hear the hiss.

I am at present deciding if I want to convert all of my 110mm to 160mm - Got given two lengths of 3.2m of 160mm pipe. I made 100mm connections for most of my equipment - this is what takes the time. With the router table and table saw I would leave the 100mm connections but run 160mm to a Y junction just before the table and use the existing 100mm blastgates. The 160mm Y pieces are over £60?

You might find the floor piping limited - if you are like me I re arrange the workshop each time I get another major tool. I have run mine this this

WorkshopView1.jpg

Latest posts

Back