Blades to cut laminate flooring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woof

Established Member
Reaction score
Hols coming up so am planning to lay laminate wood floor. What is the best blade for cutting? Was planning to rip with a circular saw and cross cut with mitre saw - but would like to know how many teeth, as I'm guessing that more teeth = better finish?
ALternatively, is a jigsaw the way to go.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Watever you go for expect to sharpen again at the end of the job, laminate is very adrasive, I've actually seen sparks come off it!!

I use a 24T blade in my cordless circ saw (140mm blade) and find it just as quick and cleaner to cross cut by hand, Bahco "laminator" saw is ideal for this and they make quite nice general handsaws, Screwfix do them under floorboard saws.

If power sawing do it from the back

Jason

I have just been using a pack of blades that Bosch sent me as a sample to try out they are special laminate cutting jigsaw blades and they work well.

I usually just use a throw away handsaw to cut laminate floor as like said above it blunts mitre saw blades very quickly then you have the cost of a resharpen on the job.

Back