Blade upgrade for Axminster SCMS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwood

Reaction score
I have an Axminster QMS2451 SCMS. I just wondered whether anyone can suggest an aftermarket blade which might be a significant improvement on the TCT blade supplied with the saw? It takes 10" or 254mm blades with a 30mm bore.

I remember reading somewhere a view that much of the fine cutting performance of Festool saws comes from the blade and so a Festool blade is one possibility.

[/b]

Festool blades are good, but from what I've seen they're no better than any other industrial quality sawblade such as Leitz, Freud, Leuco, Bennett, etc. I've been using a Festool TS55 this week (on oak lipped and veneered hardwood strip core doors) and the blade seems no better than the Freud on my Bosch saw. I think the real crunch comes when you need to resharpen them - a second rate sharpener can ruin a good blade.

Scrit

Scrit":3faz9ika said:
Festool blades are good, but from what I've seen they're no better than any other industrial quality sawblade such as Leitz, Freud, Leuco, Bennett, etc. I've been using a Festool TS55 this week (on oak lipped and veneered hardwood strip core doors) and the blade seems no better than the Freud on my Bosch saw. I think the real crunch comes when you need to resharpen them - a second rate sharpener can ruin a good blade.

Scrit

Agreed,I bought the Festool TS55 recently, it does give an excellent cut but no better than my Leuco blades and as Scrit says get a good saw sharpener,one well known company ruined five blades for me, expensive mistake :(

Dom

Many thanks guys. Looks like a Freud or a CMT then.

The saw is not the most flexible SCMS on the market but it was cheap (£240) and uniquely these days it uses an induction motor so shouldn't upset the neighbours too much when I use it a lot outside on my workshop build.Groundwork is finally finished after rain delayed play for most of July, June, May. You know how it's been.

But now the wooden bits can begin. :D

Latest posts

Back