Black Friday deals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any uk tool suppliers/shops are going to have any Black Friday deals on?
This Black Friday carry on has not been tried on a big scale in the uk before to my knowledge anyway but there seems to be some great deals from midnight on Amazon and such sites.

gwr":en0fm2e6 said:
Does anyone know if any uk tool suppliers/shops are going to have any Black Friday deals on?
This Black Friday carry on has not been tried on a big scale in the uk before to my knowledge anyway but there seems to be some great deals from midnight on Amazon and such sites.

Surely Black Friday is partially driven by the presence of Thanksgiving, a holiday notable by its absence in the UK.

BugBear

I've had several emails including one from Tilgear.

In the States as well as Black Friday which applies mainly to their Stores, they have Cyber Monday for buying online.

Rod

Toolstop are doing a "Black friday " i just bought a mikita 18v li-on cordless drill with 3 batteres , charger and case for £20 less than i could find it elsewhere .

I was just here to ask the same question as the thread author...

The only places I've seen doing any major "Black Friday" deals has been Amazon and Ebay (and some tech companys)

Doesn't make a great deal of difference I guess, since I'm still broke no matter how much of a discount there is, and "free" isn't something you see as a price for tools very often! :)

Nic.

If anyone can get a huge saving or bargain then thats always a good thing , but instead of copying yet another American trend why dont the retailers sell the goods at these lower prices all year round ? ,that way everyone gets a bargain and the retailers sell more goods and that would be a win win situation all round.

Thanks for reply's don't think there has been much of a sale as far as tools go but seems to have been mayhem at some stores around the country.Fighting over TV's,Steam mops,Tablets and other electrical goods. crazy Friday.

gwr":31oho9kb said:
Thanks for reply's don't think there has been much of a sale as far as tools go but seems to have been mayhem at some stores around the country.Fighting over TV's,Steam mops,Tablets and other electrical goods. crazy Friday.
Yeah I saw that in the news too - nothing like a bargain to bring out the best in some people.

I got the DeWALT 20V MAX Cordless Oscillating Multi Tool w/ 28 Piece Accessory Kit and the DeWALT 20V MAX* XR Lithium Ion Brushless Compact Drill / Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit (DCD790 and DCF886) for 340 Euro from the states, the DCD790 alone costs about 260 here in Belgium. A friend of mine is going to visit his family and is bringing them back in the new year :) - I just have to find a decent converter for the charger now :)

bugbear":czaiksu4 said:
gwr":czaiksu4 said:

Surely Black Friday is partially driven by the presence of Thanksgiving, a holiday notable by its absence in the UK.

BugBear

It's to do with the last pay day before Christmas.

The second chance is with "Cyber Monday" which is the day after tomorrow.

That's the online version of Black Friday, so you never know, there may be a lot more deals then, or we may end up all having to do as Andy did and order stuff straight from the US.

I've done it before myself actually, and assuming you can get past the different voltages and plugs etc by one means or another then, even including shipping and tax, many things are a lot cheaper straight from the US. My bargain was a Worksharp WS3000 sharpener from Darex. The only place to buy them in the UK is Rutlands, who sells it currently at £230 odds. I got mine, including extras, tax, duty and postage, for about £180 at the time. As it was it didn't work out, there was a fault and Amazon refunded the postage, duty and tax for me very easily when I returned it - so all in all a pretty positive experience even if I did end up buying locally in the end.

I believe (I'm not certain it's true- maybe someone can verify for me) that if your order is under £50 then there's no tax or duty levied anyway?

Here's hoping.

Back