Biscuit joiners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krysstel":2jhfm8xq said:
However, I have made some test cuts with the new T20 and am rather disappointed with how loose the biscuits are in the slots.

If you leave them in a cold, damp workshop with the lid off the container, they will probably swell a little. If they swell too much and are too tight, put them in the microwave for one minute on full power and that will shrink them :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

My problem is more the opposite. I think the biscuits are too loose. I would rather they swelled a bit - is the answer to leave them outside in the rain for half an hour !? :wink:

Krysstel":23cri7cy said:
My problem is more the opposite. I think the biscuits are too loose. I would rather they swelled a bit - is the answer to leave them outside in the rain for half an hour !? :wink:
The biscuits should be a loose, dry fit in the slot. If they're too tight, as Paul says, give them a blast in the micro-wave. I keep mine in old coffee jars with a small handful of rice in the bottom to absorb any moisture - Rob

Hi,

I give my tight biscuits a quick cramp up in the vice, mind you don't do your Hobnobs at the same time :wink:

Pete

i bought an erbauer biscuit cutter for £50 ok for a cheap on but then got the dewalt one great bit off kit if you can afford it get that one best model in that price range
always buy better quality if you can afford too

Well i used to use a cutter in my router and sometimes still do , i bought a wicks model in one of there sales a couple of years ago when i was in there getting something else and the £19 price ticket caught my eye .
Now for £19 i was not expecting perfection , but it has to be said that after a little setting up of the fence i have no complaints with it at all , its not something i use everyday but for that price its paid for itself :wink:

Back