Birds eye view, much better than satellite view

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microsoft trying to take on google earth then eh. Not as good either

I find that both tools have their uses.
I was looking at a local postcode in Hampshire today and found that the Google pictures were at least 9 years old (the house I was looking for didn't exist) whereas the Microsoft ones were only 18 months old.
However, for other places I have found the Google pictures to be newer or of better quality so that you can zoom in closer.

David Ward

I can't select Birds eye view in either Firefox or Safari it doesnt appear to be available rather it's greyed out.
Cheers Mike

mr":1nxyjtcb said:
CHJ":1nxyjtcb said:
Mike they are also greyed out in IE.
Am I missing something ?

Cheers Mike

Sorry Mike not a very clear statement.
The 'Birds Eye View' function does not appear to be implemented in any view option in Internet Explorer either.

The MS pictures of my place are about 9 months old, & clearer than those on google which are at least 2 years old.

Ahhhh
I wonder what browser John McM is using then to be able to see the Birds Eye view. Not that it matters judging by the picture quality of my house it would probably be more of a blurred eye view.

Cheers Mike

Im always out when they come over for me :(

Crappy res on MS one.

Bill Gates: FAIL

It works fine for me in IE or Firefox. Have you clicked on 2d first? It may well depend on where you live. I suspect not all of the UK is covered to the same resolution. Google Earth just gives me a grainey sat picture but birds eye is cracking.

You will probably also notice that different angles or rotations are taken at different times. For example the view from the back of my house has a car parked out the front. But from the front it's not there.

I don't find either google or msn have very clear pics of my house. Good fun tho. I have used arial views on quite a few occasions to find an address or location out in the country.

Hi,

I was showing my farther in America these and i found you can see closer views of America in England than you can in America! they don't allow you to zoom in as close!

Pete

I wonder if the local planning office has a higher resolution option :lol:

Mind you, you can see the bird table and its shadow in my lawn and plant groups in my veg patch so an addition to the various sheds would soon be spotted.

Even spotted neighbours cars along a local lane with enough detail to identify.

I agree with Tony Ward, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Being able to view 360 degrees in Birdseye view is great and strangely the resolution was far better in Birdseye than in the normal view. Found it very useful viewing a local property that my sister was interested in viewing until we saw the swimming pool next door! I am using Firefox and haven't experienced any problems.

Gower

What was wrong with the swimming pool?

Cheers Mike

I like the fact that you can take it for a walk (by dragging the hand). It's amazing what you discover when you set off around the village. OOhh I didn't know they had a swimming pool, or I'd kill for a double garage like that and blimey they've got a large garden. Very voyeuristic.
Off you go.........

MR, I think it's the thought of 245 (give or take 230) little darlings and their joyful yelps as they play on a peaceful sunny day that may have something to do with it. I. of course would love it, being a tolerant sort of bloke!

Gower

Gower":1j5k48tz said:
MR, I think it's the thought of 245 (give or take 230) little darlings and their joyful yelps as they play on a peaceful sunny day that may have something to do with it. I. of course would love it, being a tolerant sort of bloke!

Gower

Ahh
but don't forget those moonlit dips when theyr're not watching. :)

Cheers Mike

Back